Saturday 26 January 2013

Benefit High Flyin' Glosses - A Review

This was a treat for myself before Christmas which I have shamefully just opened (a spending ban will certainly make you take stock of what you've got).  The box set contains mini versions of the Benefit Lip Gloss Collection, which were brought out to be perfect partners for their collection of Powders.  I'm a sucker for packaging so of course these won me over right away.


Whilst the colours are lovely, the staying power of these glosses isn't great.  You certainly couldn't drink and eat and expect them to still be in place.  There isn't much pigmentation in the first 3.  I call theses 'sheers' and they have a light glittery finish.


(Left to right: Dandelion, Sugarbomb, Hoola)

The final 3 below have a stronger impact colour wise, but even on the lip they don't leave that block colour look.  They would be perfect for summer and I expect I'll get more use out of them in the coming months.  My particular favourite being the Coralista.


(Left to right: Coralista, Dallas, Bella Bamba)

If you are looking for a lip gloss with a nice stain then look elsewhere, but if you want something light and love that sticky lip gloss feel, then these are perfect.  Plus extra points simply for the cute tubes.

Note: I'm realising quite quickly what bad lighting I have in my house and promise to take better pictures and dig out my proper camera, in time for my next posts.

Take care all x

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a great set :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. Just checked out your blog and following. I'd never even heard of the Birch Box - at the end of my 'ban' I think I'm going to have to sign up!

      Delete
  2. coralista looks really good!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, RT brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite - I'm a sucker for anything coral :)

      Great giveaway - I will definitely be entering (and following) - thanks!

      Delete
  3. I love Benefit! Their makeup is amazing (but sadly pretty expensive for me aha!) Great post!

    Isabel Rose, blondieslens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes their stuff is pretty pricey! This one wasn't too bad, I think around £20 for the set, which contains all the colours - so I figured it was a good deal to be had :)

      Delete
  4. Benefit's makeup is so good! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love it - they certainly make it tempting to buy with their lovely packaging!

      Delete
  5. Sometimes I wish I was a girl just to experiment with all different lip colours. My friend had this benefit package for christmas and loves it!

    Thanks you very much for nominating me btw! I have already done it but I will mention it in my next post... thanks again!

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not a problem - I saw that you had been nominated and posted already but I thought a second one wouldn't hurt. You deserve it!

      Delete